Please consider giving this opportunity, in whatever form of documentation (good stuff at his site) immediate, forceful, urgent visibility:
From Kucinich's site:Impeachment is a formal filing of charges. It does not mean removal from office. The Judiciary Committee investigates the misconduct and sends a report to the House of Representatives, with specific articles of Impeachment.A vote in the House in favor of the Articles of Impeachment is similar to the process of indictment.The person impeached would then be subject to a trial in the US Senate.It takes a two-thirds vote in the Senate for conviction.Removal occurs only upon conviction.
SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW - NOW.
More from Kucinich's site:
On August 1st, I delivered to Speaker Nancy Pelosi; a petition bearing the names of over 100,000 Americans that, like us, feel that the President must be held accountable for abusing executive power and disregarding his Constitutional obligations.
Your voices have been heard and your support continues to send a powerful message to lawmakers. That is why I call on you again to help us in a new effort to deliver 1 Million signatures to Speaker Pelosi on September 10, 2008.
Together we can:
- Urge real Congressional action to hold President Bush accountable now
- Reinstate the authority of our Constitution
- Document crimes committed by President Bush for historical account
- Facilitate post-Administration law enforcement and prosecution
- Reset the standard for the incoming and future administrations
- Demand justice for the over 3,000 who died on 9/11and whose deaths were tragically exploited to take us into an illegal war in Iraq
- Demand justice for the estimated 30,324 U.S. military personnel who have been injured/wounded
- Demand justice for the estimated 4,138 U.S. military personnel who have been killed or died
- Demand justice for the 1 Million innocent Iraqis who have died*
- Avert another illegitimate looming war – this time against Iran
We need your active participation to deliver 1 Million signatures to Congress by September 10, 2008.
Please give at least ten of your friends the opportunity to stand up for our country – the way you and I have, by inviting them to sign the impeachment petition online at www.Kucinich.us. Send your friends an email invitation to sign the petition by clicking here.
Together we can make September 10, the day before the world changed, a day we change the world!
Thank you for your active and ongoing citizenship.