Recent reports (see below) have substantially convinced me that global corporate/financial forces, those well beyond those that have been within my personal reach - Cheney / Bush / Congress / Pentagon - have made the bomb / don't bomb decision. What decision has been made? Don't know yet. But the decisionmakers - global corporate & finance powers are beyond my reach, for now anyway. Hence I've terminated the Hunger Strike and will not undertake the Pentagon vigil for today anyway.
The "News" I now ascribe to indicates:
- It is clear that the decision to bomb Iran is the decision to bring about world-wide economic depression that dwarfs what was seen in the 1930's. This is known by Bush, Cheney and Israel, hence it is a decision that is beyond them, above them - the decision is in the hands of their corporate handlers.
- The Pentagon has made its opposition clear to the Administration and Israel - DON'T BOMB. The Pentagon is no longer "on the fence," but in opposition.
- Congress is beyond my reach now physically, recess, even if their cowardice did not make them irrelevant to the decision.
- $125 / barrel oil has been extremely useful in making it clear to the world that Bomb Iran is Global Financial Meltdown. Bush / Cheney / Israel will be prevented by the Global Financial masters from making the decision. Whew!
As for my next campaign? Not sure yet. I've been standing Against (Iraq War, Bombing Iran) and that is NOT where I want to be. I want to be standing FOR Waging Love. Yes, in doing one I've been doing the other, but I'd like to find a way to entirely stand FOR Waging Love. Don't know if the time is now.
Need more time to Pray for Guidance. ("Pray?" Like Watching for Cars, both are seeking for Vision).
Some of the articles that have helped me arrive at this perception:
- "Bomb Bomb Iran?" Not likely.
- Ignatius concludes bombing, "Not likely."
- Why Bush folded on Iran
- A War of Self-Destruction
- To Prevent War With Iran, a Paradigm Shift Is Needed
- In Sight: an Amicable Endgame in Iran
- Iran tests 'new weapon' for use at sea